|Helpful Tips for Insurance Testing in Montana
Registering for a Connole-Morton class does NOT register you with the PearsonVue testing service. Please register for the
exam as soon as possible. It is highly recommended that
you plan to take the PearsonVue exam on the Saturday that immediately
follows Connole-Morton Insurance School's Wednesday-Friday
prelicensing class. Individuals interested in taking insurance
licensing exams need the following:
- The test fee for Life & Health exams 01 and 02 is $68. The test fee for Limited Lines exam 29 is $68. Fees must be paid at the time of exam registration by debit card, credit card or electronic check.
- Two forms of signature identification, preferably one
with a photograph, such as a driver's license.
- The confirmation number you were given when you
reserved a seat for the Saturday licensing exam. You MUST
reserve a seat with the PearsonVue testing service NO LATER
than the Tuesday before the PearsonVue Saturday exam date you
have chosen. PearsonVue's special registration phone number is
- You may cancel your reservation no later than the Monday before your scheduled
Saturday examination date. Failure to appear for your reserved Saturday test will
result in your being charged double the test fee when you reschedule to take the exam.
- You do NOT need to apply for your insurance license before you take a licensing course
or before you test with the PearsonVue testing service. Please contact your recruiting insurance
company for advice on when and how to complete your licensing application. If,
after contacting your company, you still have questions about
licensing, contact the Insurance Commissioner's Office
at (406) 444-2040.
For additional testing information contact PearsonVue at:
Fingerprints will be printed on the required FD-258
card, which PearsonVue will then submit directly to the Department
of Justice. There are many advantages to electronic fingerprinting
over wet ink fingerprinting, as electronic fingerprinting
Effective July 10, 2004, all candidates for licensure must
be fingerprinted before they can receive a license. PearsonVue
offers digital fingerprinting services at the following test
Candidates who choose to be digitally fingerprinted must
pay a $53.25 fee (which includes the Department of Justice
fee) at the time of reservation, and must request examination
- Convenient - it is available at the PearsonVue test center
immediately after candidates take the examination.
- An accurate, efficent, and clean process, with no wet ink
- A way of producing distinct, high quality prints.
- In accordance with existing FBI and IAFIS requirements for
live-scan imaging and therefore has a low rejection rate.
NOTE: Fingerprinting is NOT required for Adjuster or Consultant applicants.
Payment for fingerprinting will be accepted at the test center.